Photographers are invited to submit work for consideration in CURRENTS 2019. CURRENTS is an annual exhibition which highlights the diverse photographic work being created by New Orleans Photo Alliance members. The exhibit will open in December at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, in conjunction with the 2019 PhotoNOLA festival.
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Notification: October 15, 2019
Receipt of artwork: Nov 25, 2019
Installation of exhibition: Dec 2-5, 2016
Exhibition Dates: December 6, 2019 – February 9, 2020
Opening Reception & Juror’s Talk: Friday, December 13, 5-7 pm
Take down: Feb 10, 2020
About the Curator:
Jon Feinstein is a Seattle and New York City-based photographer, curator, writer, co-founder of Humble Arts Foundation and content director at The Luupe – a new platform for women + nonbinary commercial photographers. Jon has curated exhibitions for the Filter Photo Festival, Photoville, Spin Magazine, Glassbox Gallery in Seattle, WA and Art-Bridge at The Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, NY. Jon and Roula Seikaly, recently won BlueSky Gallery’s 2019 curatorial prize for their exhibition “An Inward Gaze” in Portland, OR. His projects have been featured in Aperture, The NYTimes, The New Republic, BBC, VICE, The New Yorker, Hyperallergic, and Feature Shoot, and his writing has appeared in VICE, Aperture, Photograph, TIME, Slate, GOOD, Daylight, and PDN.
Submissions are open to all current New Orleans Photo Alliance members, and applicants may join at time of entry. However, we ask that you do not enter if your work was accepted for CURRENTS 2018, or resubmit any images that have been featured in previous Currents exhibitions. Different images from a previously featured series are eligible. Please note that selected artists typically have multiple pieces accepted into the show.
Submission Fee: $25
Submission Fee + NOPA Membership: $60
-Submit 5-10 jpegs, from a cohesive body of work.
-Artist statement + brief project description are also required.
-You will have to create an account through EntryThingy in order to submit your entry.
-All art submitted must be original work, created by the applicant.
-New Orleans Photo Alliance reserves the right to use selected images online and in print for exhibition-related publicity purposes; NOPA will properly credit the photographers.
-Accepted works should be presented professionally, wired and ready to hang.
1. $25 application fee to be directed through Paypal immediately after your application has been successfully uploaded.
2. An artist statement or project description, to be pasted into the appropriate box when prompted at beginning of entry process.
3. A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work, visible to juror alongside the thumbnail images. Can include title of series and a brief explanation of the project. (Think elevator speech)
4. A portfolio of 5 to 10 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through an online application process.
5. Each image submitted should be in jpeg format, 10 inches wide, sized at 72 pixels per inch (720 pixels). Name your files with your last name then first name and image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg,
6. Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions, medium, and year created. Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time.
7. Images exhibited in previous CURRENTS exhibitions are not eligible for submission.