Virtual Reality Internship Application
Deadline to apply for summer: June 25, 11:59 PM CST
Internships run June 10-August 20, 2021
Rolling application for the fall semester
In 2020, NOPA worked in partnership with Metaculture to introduce PhotoWALK, a virtual reality space modeled after the International House Hotel in New Orleans. PhotoWALK was developed as part of our strategy to create a pandemic-safe PhotoNOLA, the Alliance’s flagship festival. Our virtual reality space allowed attendees from across the globe to enjoy an impressive, multi-artist exhibition and opening event. The PhotoWALK was named a top 10 finalist for the Aurea Awards in Virtual Reality, and has set a new trajectory in motion for NOPA.
NOPA’s virtual reality intern will assist our team in further developing our VR gallery space, as well as developing the strategic plan for the space. The internship is ideal for anyone interested in a career in building virtual spaces, digital art media, or event media.
Applicants should have a working familiarity with the program Unity. Please detail your experience with this program in your cover letter; we are open to working with all levels of working knowledge. The VR Intern will work on projects for 10-12 hours per week.
- Work with a remote team to update and build our VR spaces
- Be able to complete tasks from home
- Meet with VR team at least once a week
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Working knowledge of Blender helpful
- Training in/active creation of visual art (any medium)
- Excellent ability to communicate remotely
- Organized with good file hygiene practices
- Well-rounded interest in digital media and art technology
- Self-starter, project-oriented