New Orleans Arts District
the 300 – 600 Blocks of Julia Street
October 30th, 7pm – 10pm
As we all know, PROSPECT 1 begins this Saturday, but Shoot the Messsenger Productions with BIG collaborations with the New Orleans Arts District have put together a 5 block…block party with art, music, and food by New Orleans folks..that could only deliver like New Orleans folks can.
To give you a feel for what we have cooking….
• We’ll have second lines lead by Panorama Jazz Band
• You want some Big Easy Roller Girls?…got ’em!
• Pussyfooters?…coming right up!
• The Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? Sumo Wrestling Ring…open and
free to all who want to work those stock market crashing pre-election
jitters! Featuring the most badass custom tricked out calliope that
plays off of vinyl (yup…VINYL!)…must see to believe!
• NOLA Rising’s Jailhouse Rock
• From LeMieux Gallery, artist Jesse Poimboeuf’s “Green Earth Man March”
• G.A.S.’s Art Cops on the beat
• Futureproof’s “Field and Ensemble” featuring the Deisel Combustion
Orchestra, Dusty Domino Projections and a 16 piece dance troupe.
• Stilt walking acrobats
• Laptop rockers Triple Delight
• Lucky You! Popcorn booth, with homemade Eyeball Cupcakes!
• The Return of the Baby Pool Drive-in featuring none other than the
Emperor of the Universe himself…the one, the only, (the waxy) Mr.
Ernie K-Doe presiding along with the ever lovely Miss Antoinette.
• Mr. Zack Smith’s fantastic, interactively delicious Flavor Paper
Photobooth with DJ Brice Nice spinning some booty shakin’ good tunes.
AND — Bruce “Sunpie” Barnes, and the West Banks own, Tikki Rockers
filling your ears..
There will be the best of the best in terms of the late night chuck
wagons with Nate and Que Crawl, Praline Connection and 3 Ring Circus
will be running the bars that will have some delicious New Orleans
signature cocktails along with beer, soft drinks, etc. We will also be
rolling on over to the Big Top afterwards to get blown away by The