The American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) will present a seminar on photography sales, “Strictly Business 3,” by Blake Discher, on the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 27 at the Professional Color Service offices in Metairie.
Among the topics Disher will discuss with attendees are the following:
- how to “work a room”
- positioning yourself to be successful
- the reasons photographers fail
- starting an accountability group
- the value in aspiring to be second
- overcoming fear of the sales process
- celebrate effort not just victory
- what it means to be a professional in sales
‘The seminar will be held form 7 to 9 p.m. at the Professional Color Service offices at 604 Papworth Avenue in Metairie, just across the Orleans-Jefferson Parish border from Lakeview. A social hour will be held beforehand, at 6 p.m.
Admission is $25 for regular ASMP members, $50 for non-members, $40 for professional association members and $10 for students.