The New Orleans Photo Alliance is now accepting nominations for individuals to serve on the Board. Elections will take place at the July 11 Board meeting and positions will begin August 1st.
Nominations will be accepted through July 8th.
Officers and committee chairs ensure that NOPA continues to impact photography in New Orleans, the Gulf Coast, and beyond. The decisions and work are demanding but highly rewarding and nominees should be prepared to join NOPA’s Executive Board in developing a strategic plan to guide the organization into the next decade. NOPA Board Members have the opportunity to use your voice and connections to help shape the organization’s mission and vision.
The voting members of the NOPA Board make up two committees in addition to at-large positions: the Executive Committee, responsible for governance of the organization, and the Operating Committee, comprised of Chairs who work closely with the Executive Committee, members and volunteers to design and implement the programs of the organization. The NOPA Board is a great place to work together with people who are passionate about photography and the arts in New Orleans.
DIVERSITY OF ALL SORTS IS A PRIORITY IN BOARD RECRUITMENT.
You can nominate yourself or another qualified individual for any of the following positions:
- President: The President leads NOPA, supervising and conducting its activities and operations and overseeing all responsibilities established by the Board.
- Vice President: In addition to assisting the President, the Vice President supervises the both the development of financial resources and NOPA’s Gallery Director.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer is the custodian of NOPA’s finances and keeps account of all receipts, disbursements, and deposits.
- Secretary: The Secretary is responsible for organizing Board meetings, preparing minutes, and maintaining NOPA’s corporate records.
- Communications: The Communications Chair oversees NOPA’s social media, marketing, and publicity campaigns.
- Development: The Development Chair oversees NOPA’s fundraising events and campaigns.
- Education The Education Chair oversees NOPA’s workshops and community education programs.
- Exhibitions: The Exhibitions Chair oversees curation and production of exhibitions at NOPA’s gallery.
- Grants: The Grants Chair administers NOPA’s Michael P. Smith Fund for Documentary Photography and its Clarence John Laughlin Award.
- Programming: The Programming Chair oversees NOPA’s schedule of photography programs and events.
If you have further questions, please contact Lisa Cates , President, at email@example.com or Eric Whitaker, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations will be accepted through July 8
Please complete the following application to nominate yourself or someone else: