CURRENTS 2012: NOPA Members Showcase
Juror: Richard McCabe, Curator of Photography at The Ogden Museum of Southern Art
New Orleans Photo Alliance members are invited to submit work for consideration in CURRENTS 2012, which will be on display at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art during PhotoNOLA. The exhibition will showcase works by up to 15 Alliance members, and will include 5 or more works by each selected photographer. This exhibition is designed to show the diverse contemporary work being done by NOPA members.
Deadline: Friday, October 5, 2012
About the Juror: Richard McCabe was born in Mildenhall, England and grew up in the American South. McCabe received an MFA in Studio Art from Florida State University in 1998. In the last 12 years has lived and worked in New York City and New Orleans, Louisiana. Currently, McCabe works as the Curator of Photography and Chief Preparator at The Ogden Museum of Southern Art. and as an Associate Professor of Art at Xavier University.
|Adrift by Laura Burlton – a selection from CURRENTS 2011|
Deadline: October 5, 2012
Notification: October 15, 2012
Receipt of artwork: Nov 19, 2012
Exhibition Dates: November 29, 2012 – January 6, 2013
Opening Reception: Friday, November 30, 2012, 5-7 pm
-Submit 5-10 jpegs, from a cohesive body of work.
-Artist statement + brief project description are also required.
-You will have to create an account through EntryThingy in order to submit your entry.
-All art submitted must be original work, created by the applicant.
-New Orleans Photo Alliance reserves the right to use selected images in web and print for exhibition related publicity purposes; NOPA will properly credit the photographers.
-Accepted works should be presented professionally, wired and ready to hang.
- $25 application fee, to be directed through Paypal immediately after your application has been successfully uploaded.
- An artist statement or project description, to be pasted into appropriate box when prompted at beginning of entry process.
- A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work alongside the thumbnails.
- A portfolio of 5 to 10 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through an online application process.
- Each image submitted should be in jpeg format, 10 inches wide, sized at 72 pixels per inch (720 pixels). Name your files with your last name then first name and image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg,
- Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions and print medium. Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time.
Questions? Send an e-mail to Photo Alliance programming.
Submit via the NOPA website.