Submissions are closed for Currents 2020
Deadline: November 8, 2020
Notification: November 12, 2020
Receipt of artwork: BEFORE: December 4, 2020
Exhibition Dates: December 10, 2020 – January 31, 2021
About the Juror: Kilolo Luckett
Kilolo Luckett is an art historian, curator, and writer based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She created By Any Means, an art series that engages directly with leading cultural figures to broaden the scope and understanding of contemporary art influence by black culture. She is currently writing an authorized biography on Naomi Sims, one of the first black supermodels.
Photo by huny young
Notes about Currents 2020
Currents 2020 will be on display at the Ogden Museum of Southern art beginning December 12, 2020. However, due to restrictions related to the Covid-19 pandemic, NO WORK CAN BE DELIVERED TO THE OGDEN MUSEM. All accepted work must be shipped to the New Orleans Photo Alliance Shipping address.
Additionally, only 2-D work will be considered this year and accepted works CANNOT BE larger than 32″ x 40″ FRAMED
- Submissions are open to all current New Orleans Photo Alliance members, and applicants may join at time of entry. However, we ask that you do not enter if your work was accepted for CURRENTS 2019, or resubmit any images that have been featured in previous Currents exhibitions.
- Different images from a previously featured series are eligible. Please note that selected artists typically have multiple pieces accepted into the show.
- Check our Membership directory to see if you are an active member: NOPA Members
email: email@example.com with membership questions.
Submission Fee: $25
Submission Fee + NOPA Membership: $60
***NOPA covers operation costs with membership fees, donations and volunteer time. If the application fee will inhibit you from participating please send a waiver request to firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAIL: Currents@photonola.org with any questions
Further guidelines below , or you can scroll to bottom of page to start entry process using EntryThingy
– Open theme.
– Submit 5-10 jpegs, from a cohesive body of work.
– Artist statement + brief project description are also required.
– You will have to create an account through EntryThingy in order to submit your entry.
– All art submitted must be original work, created by the applicant.
– New Orleans Photo Alliance reserves the right to use selected images online and in print for exhibition-related publicity purposes; NOPA will properly credit the photographers.
– Accepted works should be presented professionally, wired and ready to hang.
1. $25 application fee to be directed through Paypal immediately after your application has been successfully uploaded.
2. An artist statement or project description, to be pasted into the appropriate box when prompted at beginning of entry process.
3. A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work, visible to juror alongside the thumbnail images. Can include title of series and a brief explanation of the project. (Think elevator speech)
4. A portfolio of 5 to 10 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through an online application process.
5. Each image submitted should be in jpeg format (2000 pixels on the SHORT side @150ppi)
6. Name your files with your last name then first name and abbreviated image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg,
7. Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions, medium, and year created. Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time.
8. Images exhibited in previous CURRENTS exhibitions are not eligible for submission.
Sign up with Entry Thingy and Submit Here: