It’s no secret that New Orleans knows how to throw a party! From organized festivals and parades to impromptu irreverence, this town needs no excuse to let its hair down.
We are looking for up to five of your best images of folks cutting loose and having fun (in New Orleans or elsewhere), which will hang at the Photo Alliance gallery through prime festival season!
We have a wonderful group of New Orleans’ based jurors for the exhibition:
- Greg Lambousy, Director of the New Orleans Jazz Museum
- Bruce “Sunpie” Barnes, President of the Backstreet Cultural Museum and leader of the Skull and Bones Gang of New Orleans
- Bethany Bultman, the President and Director of the New Orleans Musicians’ Clinic
- Jennifer Williams, Chair of Exhibitions at New Orleans Photo Alliance
We are thrilled to have such an accomplished group of judges!
February 20, 2019
Any NOPA member may enter! The New Orleans Photo Alliance invites photographers working in all mediums, styles, and schools of thought to apply. Still images made from all photographic processes, both traditional and digital will be considered. There are no restrictions on subject matter or genres. Traditional, contemporary, avant-garde, creative and experimental works that include old and new processes, mixed techniques, and challenging personal and emotional statements are all welcome.
This CFE is for NOPA members and no additional fees are required. If you are unsure of your membership status or aren’s already a member, don’t worry. We will contact you after you complete your entry
- Each image submitted should be in jpeg format. Please format file to 1000 pixels on LONG edge at 72ppi. Larger images may not upload properly.
- Name your files with your last name then first name and image title using underscores to separate.
- Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions, materials (specifying print medium, i.e. toned silver gelatin print) and year created.
- Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time..
- You will asked to provide concise description of work, limited to 260 characters maximum. Think of this as telling us what “fete” means to you…
Use the entry thingy login below to submit. Any questions or hiccups with uploading, email Seth@neworleansphotoalliance.org