Gallery Internship Application
Deadline to apply for summer: June 25, 11:59 PM CST
Internships run June 10-August 20, 2021
Rolling application for the fall semester
The New Orleans Photo Alliance Gallery serves as the “headquarters” for our operation. It’s also available to the public during open hours, giving our community access to art exhibitions and programming.
NOPA’s Gallery Interns will help monitor the gallery during open hours, preferably at least 12 hours per week (or depending on credit hours needed). This includes greeting guests, monitoring the gallery floor, equipment troubleshooting, and maintaining the space. The interns will assist in planning and executing programs like exhibition calls and opening, membership programming, and programs with our community partners.
Applicants should have a serious interest in working in the arts, including spaces such as galleries, museums, and art-based community organizations. Experience in exhibition spaces, event planning, studio work, darkroom work and/or administrative settings is helpful.
Interns will be encouraged to develop one “capstone” program.
- Assist with administrative tasks around planning events and exhibition
- Manage content on website and online store
- Monitor gallery and resource center
- Help create digital media for social networks and newsletter
- Available at the NOPA Gallery at least 2 days a week plus special events
- Professional writing ability
- Organization experience, volunteer or paid, preferred
- Social media experience or presence helpful
- Experience with WordPress helpful
- Experience working in darkroom or shared studio space helpful
- Self-starter, project-oriented