“The Great Picture,” billed as the largest photograph ever made and a “final marker” of 170 years of film and chemical-based photography, is on exhibit now at New Orleans’ Contemporary Arts Center, and through December’s PhotoNOLA festival.
The photograph was made using the world’s largest camera–an abandoned hangar for fighter jets in Southern California that was transformed into a giant camera obscura.
- Wednesday, November 27
- Saturday, November 30
- Sunday, December 1
- Saturday, December 7
- Sunday, December 8
- Monday, December 9
- Wednesday, December 11 during PhotoNOLA
- Thursday, December 12 during PhotoNOLA
- Friday, December 13 during PhotoNOLA
- Saturday, December 14 during PhotoNOLA
- Sunday, December 15 during PhotoNOLA
PhotoNOLA, New Orleans’ annual photography festival, is coordinated by the Photo Alliance, in in partnership with galleries, museums and other venues citywide. It is set this year for Dec. 12-15.