The Arts Division of the Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation & Tourism’s Office of Cultural Development has announced 2012-2013 fiscal year guidelines for artist career development grants of up to $3,000.
The deadline for grant applications, under the agency’s Special Initiative Fast Track Career Advancement Grant program, is Friday, Sept. 21. The grants will be available for a variety of artistic fields, including fields in which NOPA members specialize or work within, such as design arts, media, and visual arts and crafts.
Information about the grants is available at the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism’s website.
The grants program is designed to assist artists, at any stage in their careers, in projects or opportunities that further their professional development and creative growth. Applying artists must make a compelling case as to how a grant would substantially impact their careers.
The period of funding will be Nov. 15, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
Activities that can be funded may include, but are not limited to:
- Support that allows artists to create new art works that enhance the quality or breadth of their body of work
- Attendance at workshops, institutes, short-courses, retreats, residencies, or master classes that focus on an artistic aspect of the artist’s career
- Participation in a performance, festival, reading, or exhibition
- Travel support for expenses related to professional development opportunities; for example, an exhibition or conference
- Fees for consultancies in an area of career development
- Preparation of portfolios and work samples
- Purchase of equipment under $2,500 per item
- Development or upgrading of promotional work, including websites and printed materials
All applicants must be legal residents of Louisiana, 18 years old by the application deadline, and not a grant recipient during Louisiana’s most recent, 2011-2012 fiscal year. For more information, including entry requirements and limitations and detailed selection criteria, please see the program information sheet at the agency website.