Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
The mission of the New Orleans Photo Alliance is to encourage the understanding and appreciation of photography through exhibitions, opportunities and educational programs. The Alliance strives to be a cultural stimulus, which fosters economic and artistic growth while preserving the rich and diverse photographic culture of New Orleans and the southern region. For more info go to http://www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/
The New Orleans Photo Alliance is seeking a part time administrative assistant to help oversee and manage administrative duties related but not limited to:
- Monitoring gallery every Saturday and Sunday Noon – 4 p.m. and during monthly gallery opening receptions; plus four hours (not at gallery) during the week on your schedule.
- Weekly updates of membership database Maintaining contact lists.
- Organization and maintenance of gallery space and facilitation of artwork sales
- Administrative/Secretarial duties including: separating mail, forwarding emails
- Assistance with Photo Alliance projects and exhibitions
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a must.
- A pleasant demeanor as a representative of our organization in our showcase gallery space.
- A love for and knowledge of photography is preferred.
Hours & Wages
This position will require approximately 12 work hours per week (not including openings and events) to be paid at a rate of $12.00/hour.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their current resume or c.v. with a brief letter of interest to Morgan Sasser at: administration@NewOrleansPhotoAlliance.org
Any questions regarding this position can be directed to Morgan at the email provided above.