NOPA, the non-profit that runs this blog for its members, as well as anyone interested in the rich cultural and photographic heritage of New Orleans and the surrounding region, needs a new president.
If you think you are worthy candidate, or know of someone who you think might be, or you just want to inquire about the volunteer position, you may contact NOPA Vice President Erica Stavis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For background purposes, please note that the mission of the New Orleans Photo Alliance is to encourage an understanding and appreciation of photography through exhibitions, opportunities, and educational programs. The non-profit strives to foster economic and artistic growth, as well as local and regional photographic culture.
NOPA was formed by a diverse group of photographers in 2006 to create unity and opportunity for photographers in the Gulf South. It is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. It now has more than 300 members from throughout Louisiana and the United States. Since its founding, the organization has sponsored many photographic exhibitions, workshops and educational programs. It coordinates PhotoNOLA, an annual festival of photography in New Orleans.
- Design and implement, with the cooperation of the executive board, the strategic goals and objectives of the organization
- Make suggestions to the board for updating of organizational bylaws
- Generate the compilation of reports from committee chair heads on a regular and ongoing basis
- Give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
- Chair all board meetings and provide appropriate support materials to Board members as relates to items for vote
- Volunteer leadership or committee responsibilities in non-profit organization
- Familiarity with budget planning
- Board administration and support — Supports operation and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members; interfacing between Board and committees
- Program, product and service delivery — Oversee and monitor design, marketing, promotion, quality of programs, products and services
- Financial, tax, risk and facilities management – Recommend yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Human resource management — Effectively manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Community and public relations — Assure that the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a positive way to relevant stakeholders
- Fundraising (non-profit specific) — Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Public relations — Regular attendance at NOPA and other arts non-profit events. Act as an advocate for photography and photographers in the larger community.
Compensation: The New Orleans Photo Alliance is a volunteer-based organization. All administrative members work at a volunteer level.